Indulge in the ultimate guilt-free indulgence with our Keto-friendly Vanilla Buttercream Cupcakes. This heavenly concoction combines the velvety texture of softened butter, the delightful sweetness of powdered erythritol, a dash of vanilla extract, and a splash of heavy cream.
With its luscious flavor and creamy consistency, this keto-friendly icing will take your low-carb cupcakes to new heights of deliciousness. Say goodbye to compromise and hello to a delectable treat that satisfies your sweet tooth while staying true to your dietary goals. Get ready to elevate your cupcake game and indulge in the perfect blend of taste and health..
Ingredients (makes 15 cupcakes):
For the base:
- 240g almond flour
- 40g coconut flour
- 100g granulated keto-friendly sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
- 10g baking powder
- 2g salt
- 4 large eggs
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 120ml unsweetened almond milk
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 225 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 250 grams powdered erythritol (or your preferred keto-friendly powdered sweetener)
- 5 milliliters vanilla extract
- 30-45 milliliters heavy cream (add more for desired consistency)
For the base:
Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until well mixed. Add the melted butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth and well combined. The batter should be thick but pourable.
Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners, filling each about two-thirds full.
Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the buttercream icing:
- In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the powdered erythritol, about 50 grams at a time, and mix well after each addition. Continue mixing until the erythritol is fully incorporated and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, starting with 30 milliliters. Mix on low speed, then increase to medium-high speed, and beat until the icing is smooth and creamy. Add more cream if needed to achieve your desired consistency.
- Once the icing is ready, you can either spread or pipe on top of the cupcakes
Values approximately calculated per cupcake. Note that these values are approximate and may vary based on the specific ingredients used in the recipe.
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Net Carbohydrates: 5g
- Of which sugars: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
Enjoy your delicious and keto-friendly vanilla buttercream cupcake